WELCOME PROSPECTIVE SML FAMILIES!
We understand the importance of choosing the right school for your child. We hope the information on this page will lead you toward becoming part of our St. Mark's family. If you have any questions please contact the school office at 626-968-0428.
Enroll today: Click HERE for St. Mark's Online Enrollment
The St. Mark's Elementary School serves students in grades K through four.
- K-4 classrooms are self-contained with one teacher providing instruction in the core subject areas.
- Core Subjects: math, science, language arts (reading, writing, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary), social studies, and religion
- Our French, physical education, vocal music, computer, and art teachers, as well as our librarian, provide specialized instruction for K-4 students
- Exploratory Experiences: leadership classes with Principal Gerardo and off campus field trips beginning in kindergarten
- After School Programs: Academic Chess, 3D printing, Lego STEM, and the Youth Science Center
- Beginning in 4th grade students can join Beginner's Band and Bell Choir
Middle School and Junior High Curriculum
St. Mark's middle, junior high, and college prep, curriculums provide students with an extensive breadth of knowledge to ensure success in higher education.
- Grades 5 and 6 are on an eight-period class rotation. Our curriculum encourages the development of personal responsibility, social intelligence, time management, and leadership skills.
- Specialty teachers in computer/technology, physical education, and our librarian provide students with a well-rounded academic program.
- Core Subjects: math, science, social studies, literature, writing, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, social studies, and religion
- Fine Arts: art, vocal music, handbells, and beginning band
- Exploratory Experiences: Spanish, Chinese, leadership, Sacramento/San Francisco field trip for 5th grade and El Camino Pines field trip for 6th grade
- After School Programs: Academic Chess, 3D printing, Lego STEM, and the Youth Science Center, Drama
- School Sports: Basketball, Girls Volleyball, Cross Country, Track and Field
- The junior high program operates on an eight-period class rotation. Continuing from middle school, our junior high curriculum encourages the development of personal responsibility, social intelligence, time management, leadership skills, plus community service.
- Core Subjects: algebra, geometry, life science, physical science, world history, American history, literature, and English
- Additional Subjects: religion, physical education, Spanish, and computers/technology
- Fine Arts: art, drama, vocal music, handbells, and concert band
- Exploratory Experiences: leadership, Catalina Island field trip for 7th grade and the East Coast field trip for 8th grade
- After School Programs: Drama, Robotics, Cyber Patriot, Bells, Choir, Podcast
- School Sports: Basketball, Girls Volleyball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Flag Football
THE SML MISSION STATEMENT
A WELCOME MESSAGE FROM OUR SUPERINTENDENT, DR. BARBARA CLARK
A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRINCIPAL, MONICA GERARDO
A VIRTUAL TOUR LED BY OUR CURRICULUM DIRECTOR, MORLEY OCHOA