Enrollment Procedure for New Students
- Contact school office at (626) 968-0428.
- Complete application form and submit $150.00 enrollment fee, $150.00 family commitment and 1 month's tuition for new enrollments. Please note this fee is non-refundable. Application to St. Mark's includes a copy of the most recent student report card, standardized test scores, and teacher recommendation. The school Principal will review these items.
- Students entering Kindergarten and First grade will take a readiness test. Students entering 7th and 8th grades will take English and Math exams. The testing fee is $25.00.
- Kindergarten enrollment must have a current immunization card. Enrolling 7th Graders must have mandatory Tdap booster.
Additional Enrollment Procedures for New Students
- Sign up for a school tour by contacting the school office (626) 968-0428.
- Applications available beginning in February.
- Enrollment opens to new students beginning in March.
- Price will increase the second week of March.
- We accept International students. Please call the school office for more information.
General Admissions Policy: Non-Discrimination Statement
"St. Mark's Lutheran School admits students of any Race, Color, National and Ethnic Origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at this school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National or Ethnic Origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, or other school administered programs"
General Admissions Policy: Admissions Procedures
All incoming students are academically tested and will upon satisfactory performance, be admitted as follows:
- Priority 1: Children currently attending St. Mark's.
- Priority 2: Children of the congregation.
- Priority 3: Families of children currently enrolled at St. Mark's who wish to enroll another sister or brother.
- Priority 4: If room is available, children from the waiting list.
- Priority 5: If room is available, other students who by their behavior and attitude demonstrate an acceptance of the St. Mark's Lutheran School philosophy will be admitted.
- Each student is enrolled for a period of one year only. Re-enrollment is necessary each year and depends upon the successful completion of the previous grade, parent cooperation with the school and fulfillment of all financial obligations.
All new students will be placed on academic and conduct probation for at least one term. The length of time may be extended at the discretion of the principal.
The administration and faculty of St. Mark's Lutheran School wish to remind every family that this school is not geared to accommodate those students who demonstrate severe grade level deficiencies or behavioral problems. We do all in our power to recommend specialized testing where academic deficiencies may be caused by specific learning disabilities, and will assist in referrals for alternate school placement.
International Student Requirements
All International Students must take the ITEP Slate-Plus test.
Information about the test is found here.