Welcome to 8th Science!
St. Mark's has adopted a new science curriculm, Amplify Science!
- Developed by the science education experts at UC Berkeley's Lawrence Hall of Science and the digital learning team at Amplify.
- Built specifically from the ground up to meet the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- With Amplify Science curriculum, assuming the roles of scientists, students engage with:
- Conducting investigations,
- Analyzing data,
- Creating and critiquing models
- Gathering evidence to support their claims.
Technical Requirements to Access Amplify Online Curriculum
- iPads 3, 4, or Air running iOS 10+, using Safari browser (latest version).
- Windows PCs running Windows 7+, using Chrome browser (latest version).
- Chromebooks running Chrome OS.
8th grade science curriculum's emphasis is on Physical Science concepts:
- Chemical Reaction
- Phase Change
- Thermal Energy
- Force and Motion
- Light Waves
- Magnetic Fields
Mrs. Samantha Leeslee@stmarks.ws 626.968.0428