Hello, and welcome to Elementary Music Class!
My hope for msuic students, before going on to Middle School, is that each one of them will have gained the folowing:
- - The ability to explore music through listening, singing, moving, and playing.
- - Exposure to and appreciation for many styles of music.
- - Experience with performing as a group, both in the classroom and for an outside audience.
- - Basic knowledge of fundamental elements such as rhythm, melody, harmony, dynamics, tempo, and phrasing.
- - Explore the emotional and expressive aspects of music
These goals will be accomplished through classroom instruction, group practice, and a couple of mandatory performances. Every class will sing in a church service here at St. Mark's as well as a Christmas program. You'll find the dates for all of the class performances on the calendar.
I truly believe that music can open so many different avenues for children. Music nurture creativity and inspiration, has practical aspects like improving language and math skills, and can be a tool in communication with and understanding other cultures. I hope you and your students are ready for another fabulous year of music!