ST MARK’S LUTHERAN PRESCHOOL
SUMMER SCHOOL NEWSLETTER 2019
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
May 28-July 3 Session 1
May 27 Memorial Day
May 30th Smore’s Trail Mix Snack
June 4th Outer Space Snack
June 7th Outer Space Lunch
June 13th Petting Zoo
June 21st Watch Jungle Book
July 3rd 4thof July Sundaes
July 4-5th School & Day Care Closed (4thof July)
July 8-Aug 9 Session 2
July 11th Beach Pictures
July 17th Ocean Snack
July 19th Bubble Show
July 25th Watch Lion King
July 31st Juggler Show
August 5-9th Daycare Week (No Academics)
Welcome to our Summer School Program! The children will be busy enjoying the summer months with activities that will give them a chance to discover and explore the wonder that summer provides.
- The themes will include: Camping, Outer Space, Farm, Jungle, 4thof July, Ocean, Zoo and Mother Goose.
- The curriculum will be enhanced by academic activities such as art, music, cooking, language arts, social studies, math, science, health, and safety.
4thOF JULY PARADE
The preschool will have a 4thof July celebration during the morning program on Thursday, July3rd.The children will march to patriotic music in the front play yard at 9:30am. Family and Friends are invited.
Teddy Bear Portraitswill take beach themed pictures of the children on July 11thfrom 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Purchase of pictures is optional.
St. Mark’s Preschool encourages staff members to vacation during the summer months. As a result, your child may have a different teacher from time to time. Every effort will be made to make sure your child is comfortable during the absence of their regular teacher.
- Your child must be signed in and out each day by an adult (age 18 or older). Sign your full signature. This is the law of the state of California.
- All children need a change of clothes (marked with child’s name) to leave at school in a Ziploc bag.
- Each child that attends school for nap needs a crib sheet and blanket marked with the child’s name. In a bag with a zipper or drawstring.
- Children may bring a piece of fruit, yogurt, cereal, bread, etc. to school in the morning if they arrive before 8:00am. Milk will be provided. We encourage nutritious breakfast foods. We appreciate your cooperation. No peanut butter or nuts due to allergies.
- Dress your child in comfortable play clothes. Children need to wear tennis shoes to school to protect their feet from injury. NO SANDALS! NO CROCS!
- Your child’s safety is our #1 concern. Always hold your child’s hand while walking to and from the parking lot!
HOT and SMOGGY DAYS
During the summer months it may be uncomfortable for the children to play outside. On these days we will stay inside where we have air conditioning and it is cool and comfortable. We will also check daily with Air Quality Control to know if there is any smog alert in the area.
HAVE A FUN AND SAFE SUMMER!
Summer School Teachers
Rm. 1 Ms. Valorie & Ms. Ronda 3yr. olds
Rm. 2 Ms. Anabel/Ms. Melissa 2yr. olds
Rm. 3 Ms. Liz Junior Kinder
Rm. 4 Ms. Kayla 3yr. olds
Rm. 5 Ms. Kristi Pre-K
Rm. 6C Ms. Claudia & Ms. Shanae Pre-K
Break Teacher Ms. Terri
Vacation Teachers Ms. Sheila & Ms. Karina