St. MARK’S LUTHERAN PRESCHOOL
DECEMBER NEWSLETTER 2019
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Dec. 1st Tuition Due (after the 10ththere will be a late charge of $15)
Dec. 2tnd Santa Visit and Pictures
Dec. 5st Booster Club Meeting 8:30A.M.
Dec. 9-10th Christmas Toy Drive
Dec. 13th CHRISTMAS PROGRAM 9:30A.M.
Dec. 18th Christmas Class Parties
Dec. 19, 20 Day Care Only (only for children who use the 3:15 or 6:00 programs)
Dec. 23,24,25,26,27 SCHOOL & DAY CARE CLOSED
Dec. 30 Day Care Only (Only for Children who use 3:15 or 6:00p.m. programs)
Dec. 31, Jan. 1 SCHOOL & DAY CARE CLOSED
Jan. 2,3 Day Care Only (Only for Children who use 3:15 or 6:00p.m. programs)
Jan. 6 School Resumes
- The themes for December will be: Christmas – a time for giving; Christmas is “Jesus’ Birthday”
- Colors for the month are red, white, and green.
- Shape for December: triangle
This winter month of December is filled with exciting things for the children to learn about and enjoy. The festivities of the holidays bring joy and warmth both in your child’s home and school lives.
- Thank you to all who brought food for our Food Drive.It is so nice to see how giving the families here at St. Mark’s are. We are so blessed! Adaline Kamerick won our Food Drive raffle. She received $30 to spend on Scholastic Books.
- Parents please remember to close all doors and gates behind you so that we can keep the children safe. Please don’t allow your children to run ahead of you and go through the gates alone. Please also remember not to cut through classrooms to get to your child’s classroom. We want to make the best possible learning environment for our students. Make sure to enter and exit the preschool using the front of preschool passing the preschool office. DO NOT use the hallway by the junior high science lab the barrier is up to remind parents and grandparents to go the other way.
The staff would like to thank all who were able to attend the Thanksgiving program. The children sang beautifully and they also enjoyed preparing a special snack of pumpkin bread for their guests. Thank you for giving us time to exit the church with the children!
CHRISTMAS TOY DRIVE
We will have a Toy Drive on Monday and Tuesday, December 9-10th. Preschool thru Eight Grade donations will be sent to: St. John Vianney Church’s Knights of Columbus for them to distribute to local families in need. If your child brings in a new/unused age appropriate toy, we will place your child’s name into a drawing for your child to choose $30 worth of books from Scholastic.
The children’s Christmas Program, “Mary’s Baby” will be held on Friday, December 13that 9:30amin the sanctuary. All children will participate. Tuesday, Thursday children may trade Thursday for Friday. Children need to be in their classrooms by 8:30am. Parents and Families are invited to the classrooms for refreshments after the program. EVERYONE’S INVITED TO ATTEND!
SANTA VISIT AND PHOTO
Santa will come to preschool on Monday, December 2ndto visit and take photos with the children. We will go one class at a time starting at 9:00am. Tuesday/ Thursday children may trade Tuesday for Monday so they can join in the fun or they may come and take a photo and then leave with their parent.
All classes will have their Christmas parties on Wednesday, December 18th. Tuesday/Thursday children can trade Tuesday for Wednesday so that they may join the fun. A sign up sheet will be posted in your child’s classroom please sign up to bring goodies for the party.
Our staff would like to wish each and every one of you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!